Since last posting, I’ve been very busy! But not with projects. Over the past 3 weeks I spent a long weekend visiting my brother and his family in Arlington, Virginia, I attended my first bar mitzvah, I celebrated my 5th wedding anniversary, my laptop died, my Instagram was disabled, and Bonkers was diagnosed with chronic kidney failure. At least the gardens are growing!
Earlier this month I ripped the chicken wire off the catio and re-stained it. I also built a sleeping box for the bottom level. Next up was attaching the welded wire I bought from Amazon. The welded wire was so much easier to use than the chicken wire! It lay flat when I rolled it out, it didn’t have stabby edges that cut me or got snagged on my clothes, and it’s welded in 1″ sections which made measuring a breeze.
Last February I stained & waterproofed the top of my girl cave workbench. I only did the top because I didn’t think it would matter if I left the rest natural wood, and I needed the top waterproofed stat, since my stained glassing was leaving ugly waters spots on the MDF. But after living with it for a few months I decided the rest really needed to be stained.