I began painting the chameleon mural on July 4th. I’ve been slowly working on adding colors to the body, and this weekend I finished that part. Next up will be adding detail and highlights to the head, legs, & tail.
At the end of June I’d finally had it with our basement cage [aka my workshop] flooding every time it rained. I discovered that the gutter on the corner of the house above the leak was pointing straight down at the foundation so I crafted a gutter extender, then sealed the basement wall with hydraulic cement, silicon masonry sealant, and 2 coats of Drylok masonry waterproofer.
Now that the basement wall has had some time to dry out, I decided it was time to start the patching process. I vacuumed and scrubbed the wall to prepare it for the hydraulic cement. Then glopped it into all the holes that were leaking. It dries almost immediately making it rather tricky to work with!
Today I worked more on the chameleon mural. I started by taking the brown from yesterday and dividing it into 3 parts. I added white to part, black to another part, and left the remaining original sealed in the Tupperware. Then I added highlights & shadowing to the branch. I also added some red to the head, legs, and tail.
Hubby’s birthday was yesterday. For his present I’ve been planning to paint something for above the bed, to replace the faded picture that’s been up there since I moved in. It was supposed to be a surprise but I ended up telling him since there’s no way I was going to finish it by yesterday.
I am ALISON, aka Nine Dark Moons. Welcome to my little corner of the world! I hope you will stay a while & read some stories about my DIY projects, my creative exploits, and the adorable animals that cross my path.