We no longer have ugly 1980’s can lights in the master bedroom – woohoo!!! This afternoon I spent 3 hours installing the 2 remaining LED track lights. I seriously thought I’d been up there for an hour, but I started at 2pm and didn’t emerge until 5pm! Happy Hour – woohoo! 🙂 As I write this, I’m enjoying a glass of well earned Sangria.
Replacing the ugly 1980’s can lights in the master bedroom has been on my “to do” list for quite a while. Two weeks ago I picked up 4 super cheap [$10!] LED track lights at IKEA which I thought would be perfect. Hubby agreed. Last week I installed one of them, and yesterday after work I installed a 2nd. The best part is we’ve jumped from 130 lumens per light to 600 lumens per light!
As you probably know by now, I HATE TO SHOP. Hate it. I do almost all of my shopping online. 99% of what I need can be found at either Amazon.com or Gap.com. But shopping online bypasses the “browsing” element of shopping. I often miss out on stuff I’d otherwise feel compelled to buy. Which can be a good thing AND a bad thing!
I just added this project [and 2 others] to my 2015 Projects list. Is it cheating to add projects I know I’m about to complete? I yanked them off my Future Projects page and snuck them onto my Current Projects page *grin*. Yesterday, in addition to replacing the light over the kitchen sink, I also replaced the light over the master bathroom sinks.
The LED light over our kitchen sink has been acting up for a while. The 3 LED bulbs would flicker, go out, come back on, etc. – very annoying. The whole thing was definitely in need of replacing. Last week I disconnected it so I could see if it was hard-wired or plugged into a hidden outlet. It was hard-wired. So over the weekend hubby and I went to Home Depot and bought an LED replacement.
Yesterday after work I put up 2 of the Hemnes shelves I bought at IKEA on Wednesday. They’re solid pine that’s been stained white. I’m not sure what “white stain” is. They look painted. I moved the couch and chair, got up on the ladder, and screwed them into the window frame above the big window in the living room overlooking the river.
Unfortunately I woke up with a really bad headache. I decided to go to IKEA anyways, without taking Advil first. Mistake. But it worked out OK. I got everything I went for! I can’t WAIT to install the new track lighting kits I got for the girl cave & master bedroom, and the new firefly LED chandelier I got for the girl cave.
After work today I added some Emerald green, and by doing so, 2 of the 4 paintings are done! At least with Phase 1. To clarify, Phase 1 = getting each shape filled in with paint. Phase 2 = outlining some of the shapes. After adding the Emerald green, I moved on to Phase 2. First I lay my plastic circle template [the same one I used to draw the circles on my blank canvases] over the circles I wanted to outline.
HOLY CRAP! The last time I worked on my circle mosaic paintings was back on January 14! I didn’t know it had been that long… I’ve been meaning to work on them almost daily, but never set aside enough time. Today I added some primary red and canary yellow highlights. I’m getting there. A few more colors and I’ll be done with phase 1.