Year: <span>2017</span>

Year: 2017

Black Mold Drama – Part 2

Last week we had some black mold drama in the kitchen. I ended up cutting 2 holes in the drywall to make sure the mold wasn’t inside the wall. Thankfully it wasn’t! I have since patched both holes, added 3 coats of joint compound, sanded it down, painted it, and pushed the fridge back into place. Whew! We still don’t know what caused the mold to form, hopefully it won’t come back.

Tall Bookcase – Part 2

Last Tuesday I posted my first progress report on the tall bookcase in the girl cave. I had gotten the bookcase body primed, and had put 1 coat of primer on the 5 shelves. Since then I’ve gotten 6 coats of red on one side of the shelves, and 3 coats on one side of the bookcase body.

Black Mold Drama – Part 1

While hubby was trying to replace the water filter under the kitchen sink at lunch today something went wrong and it flooded the kitchen. I came home and helped dry everything out. When I pulled the fridge away from the wall I found a huge colony of black mold on the wall!!! I cleaned up the mold and cut holes in the drywall to make sure the mold wasn’t inside the wall.

Tall Bookcase – Part 1

One of the projects on my 2017 Projects list is to paint the tall bookcase in the girl cave high gloss red. This past Sunday I got one coat of BIN primer on. Today I put on the 2nd coat of primer. I decided on Benjamin Moore Exotic Red as the color, and bought a quart of high gloss on Sunday as well.