I’m on a roll! Holy cow. I made a raspberry star 2 nights ago before bed, a garnet/blood red star yesterday morning, and a smaller, clear glass polka-dot/bubble wrap looking star yesterday afternoon. Then today I made 3 more!
I love my basement workshop [basement cage], but there’s only one light. I have my main workspace right under that light, but while I’m stained glassing I am working on 2 workspaces and one is pretty dark. Today I went to Home Depot and picked up a work light and hung it from the ceiling, via 2 extension cords, some copper wire, and a bunch of red twine.
Today I made another stained glass star! I went into work this morning but got home at 1:30 and immediately headed down to my workshop and started another star. The glass I used today is a dark teal color, and has a wavy pattern to it. If you hold it on it’s side it looks like the surface of a lake. So pretty! it only took me an hour and 15 minutes to make the 2nd star, versus 2½ hours for the first one 🙂
I made a stained glass star today! And it only took 2½ hours!!! So I’ve been thinking about my next stained glass project ever since finishing my spider web last month. However, I haven’t had any time for stained glassing. Until today!
In 2002 my brother went to New Zealand on business and brought me back an awesome piece of art. It’s a stamped rock in a box frame, called “Wellbeing”. Last year, it fell off the wall and the frame glass cracked into pieces. I kept meaning to take it to a frame shop to get fixed, but it remained in the pile of “things to eventually repair”.
Or, if you’re not from the Boston area, I’m a roofer. And not really, but my friends invited me to help them roof their barn in exchange for free knowledge. I told them I’m always down to be their free-labor guinea pig! The more I learn, the better it will serve me in the future when I’m renovating hubby’s and my retirement house in Hawaii *wistful sigh*.
Renovating the front hall was a very fun project. I replaced the ugly white ceramic tile with slate, I also replaced the gross carpet in the closet with slate, and took off the closet door for easier access. I painted the front hall walls grey and the ceiling a darker grey.
I have been making slow but steady progress on the front hall for the past few weekends. Last weekend I mixed the perfect color for the walls, and this weekend I painted the ceiling and most of the wood trim.
Back in July, I risked life and limb to climb 15′ in the air on a ladder [which was leaning slightly backwards], while lugging a giant disco ball, so I could hang it from the beam in our upstairs hallway. However, it was too high up to reflect any light from the nearby skylight, and I also failed to direct the can light above the closet at the ball to take advantage of it’s GLORY. But today I fixed it! All glory to the disco ball!!!
This weekend I actually did something right on the first try! I’m obviously not talking about the front hall wall color, which took 3 tries. I’m talking about mixing my own hue of paint! I mean, I’ve been doing that forever when I create art. But I’ve never done it before with wall paint. I was inspired by Jo at Let’s Face the Music who gave me the courage to believe I could do it – thanks, Jo!
I am ALISON, aka Nine Dark Moons. Welcome to my little corner of the world! I hope you will stay a while & read some stories about my DIY projects, my creative exploits, and the adorable animals that cross my path.