In case you missed it, here are the previous links for this now-completed project:
The superglue failing was a risk we took in early March when we fixed our loud/rattling bathroom fan with a drop of superglue. You can read about it HERE. The fan started getting loud again right before we left for Hawaii, so the day after we got home I ordered a replacement motor [#affiliate] from Amazon. Replacement motor = $40, replacement fan = $100. Life is much cheaper when you know how to fix things yourself! The motor arrived 2 days later and I installed it. It literally took 5 minutes. The longest part was when I dropped a screw and had to crawl around the floor looking for it. Then go down to the basement for a new one when I couldn’t find it grumble.
New motor, straight out of the box:
I carefully removed the cover & the light plate from the ceiling fan:
Then replaced the motor. Old motor on left, new motor on right. So simple to replace! No electrical wiring needed. Unplug motor from housing, unscrew 2 anchor screws, pop old motor out, pop new motor in, replace anchor screws, & plug new motor into housing:
The light plate attaches to the motor housing with a wingnut:
The cover clips back on super easily, and done!
I would never have guessed it would be that easy!
I know! Me either! It’s such a racket. I’m sure most people [old me included] would call their electrician who would order a whole new fan for $100, and install it for them for another $100, and call it a day, and they’d never know how easy it actually was.