This weekend I created 3 new stars for our living room window. I dressed them up with pre-tinned copper wire to make them look like snowflakes. Pre-tinned means it’s already been dipped in solder so it saves me the headache of trying to lay an even layer of solder over it. It’s very easy to hold the wire designs with needle-nosed pliers and solder them to the stars.
Abbie warned me a couple times that the stained glass spider web I made in October was probably too heavy for the hooks I added in November, since they were soldered directly to the copper foil border. She wasn’t kidding! Today I took the web down to my workshop and barely applied any pressure before the hooks peeled off, taking the copper foil with them.
Today I made another stained glass star! I went into work this morning but got home at 1:30 and immediately headed down to my workshop and started another star. The glass I used today is a dark teal color, and has a wavy pattern to it. If you hold it on it’s side it looks like the surface of a lake. So pretty! it only took me an hour and 15 minutes to make the 2nd star, versus 2½ hours for the first one 🙂
In 2002 my brother went to New Zealand on business and brought me back an awesome piece of art. It’s a stamped rock in a box frame, called “Wellbeing”. Last year, it fell off the wall and the frame glass cracked into pieces. I kept meaning to take it to a frame shop to get fixed, but it remained in the pile of “things to eventually repair”.
I’ve been working on my 6-panel painting project which I started this past July. I completed 3 of the 6 panels in July, and have been working towards completing the remaining 3. So far I have outlined each shape on the 3 empty panels with a Sharpie, traced them onto paper, and marked them on pieces of tin.