It SUCKS. No energy for projects. Barely enough energy to go to work and do a good job. I’ve had a sore throat for 36 days now [that’s 5 weeks + 1 day]! HOWEVER, being sick for 5 weeks did NOT stop me from competing in a 5k mud run last weekend 😀
To be fair, this was my first attempt using caulk where the results have to look “nice”. I caulked the storm windows a few years ago [and made a mess], and caulked a few seams in the basement cage last month [and made a mess]. But last weekend I tried to caulk the kitchen counters and… made a mess.
A couple of weeks ago my coworker & friend Diane heard I work with stained glass. She had tried it years ago and is thinking about taking it up again. I offered to go over the basics with her if she came over. So 3 Sunday’s ago she came by and we spent a couple of hours playing with stained glass 🙂
Today is my 4th Blogiversary! On August 26, 2013, I published my first post on ninedarkmoons.com and started a 4 year odyssey of DIY, creativity, photography, and self expression. I’ve had so much fun, met so many awesome people, & accomplished more than I ever thought possible.
I haven’t had much time to work on the chameleon mural since last posting. However, I’ve found a few hours here and there. I’ve added some yellow highlights to the face & tail, and started work on the eye.
Last August I shared my mission to virtually bicycle across the US from Ipswich, MA, to the Seattle Aquarium. I am logging all the miles I ride on the recumbent bike at the YMCA & the miles I walk into myvirtualmission.com. Each time I log new miles my virtual icon moves across the map. I am currently on a ferry in the middle of Lake Michigan.
We have 3 cats. And 6 litter boxes, which we empty and scrub each week. 2 litter boxes are elevated for Birdie, the rest are on ground level for Darwin & Bonkers. You would think 6 would be enough. But no.
I began painting the chameleon mural on July 4th. I’ve been slowly working on adding colors to the body, and this weekend I finished that part. Next up will be adding detail and highlights to the head, legs, & tail.
At the end of June I’d finally had it with our basement cage [aka my workshop] flooding every time it rained. I discovered that the gutter on the corner of the house above the leak was pointing straight down at the foundation so I crafted a gutter extender, then sealed the basement wall with hydraulic cement, silicon masonry sealant, and 2 coats of Drylok masonry waterproofer.
Now that the basement wall has had some time to dry out, I decided it was time to start the patching process. I vacuumed and scrubbed the wall to prepare it for the hydraulic cement. Then glopped it into all the holes that were leaking. It dries almost immediately making it rather tricky to work with!