Last July I got tired of looking at all the dead branches on the large maple in our driveway. I bought a 10 foot pole saw on Amazon [#affiliate] and got to work:
I only sawed dead branches I could reach from my small utility ladder:
Very dead branch, successfully removed:
After about an hour I finished with the last part I could reach:
Not by any means perfect, but better:
This is another half-assed project like the front-hall grout repair. Half-assed projects are all I’ve managed to accomplish over the past 3 years. The tree is super healthy on the front, and pretty dead on the back. I don’t know how that happens. I’ve been very reluctant to call the town’s tree person to take a look because I don’t want them to say “it’s got to come down!” We get great shade and beauty from it. It’s angled in a way that if it falls, it’ll fall onto the driveway not the house. So for now I’ll keep taking my chances.