A few weeks ago our friend Torrey asked if hubby and I would like to accompany her to Muse Paintbar in Lynnfield, MA for “Paint Your Pet” night. I instantly said yes, hubby instantly said no. So last Tuesday night Torrey and I painted our pets!
Once the chicken wire was off the catio frame, I realized I could build a little sleeping box for the cats for the catio before my welded wire arrived. I consulted my Dad and he suggested ½” exterior plywood, so I went to Home Depot & bought a half sheet.
I have been debating replacing the chicken wire on the catio with something sleeker & less stabby. I ended up ordering 100′ of galvanized welded wire from Amazon. While I waited for it to arrive, I ripped off all the old chicken wire and re-stained the frame.
One of the items on my 2017 Projects list is to re-stain the front step/stoop which was built in 2014 & which I stained in 2015. It looks so much better!
I’ve had a bunch of posts in my drafts folder, for projects I’ve completed over the past few months. So even though I completed my 3rd stained glass circles project back in February, I am just now posting about it.
I actually completed this project 6 weeks ago, but haven’t had time to post about it. The bookcase came from my friend Martha back in May 2015, and I’ve always planned to paint it high-gloss red.
I spent the summer of 2015 building a catio [outdoor cat enclosure] for our cats. I thought I was being thorough by covering the chicken wire seams with strips of luan plywood. But last Fall I noticed the luan was looking a little worse for the wear. The top layer was peeling off, it was warping in places, and was starting to turn colors due to some type of mildew growth.
Aka “we finally found the light switch that controls the outlet on the deck”!
The superglue failing was a risk we took in early March when we fixed our loud/rattling bathroom fan with a drop of superglue. The fan started getting loud again right before we left for Hawaii, so the day after we got home I ordered a replacement motor from Amazon. Replacement motor = $40, replacement fan = $100. Life is much cheaper when you know how to fix things yourself!
We pretty much did nothing on Day 9, and on Day 10 hubby packed [it takes me 10 minutes to pack, it takes hubby about 4 hours] while I went on a 2 hour photo shoot around the hotel grounds.