Today was a very bad day. We woke up to our poor rat Franc’s face swollen to the point of disfigurement. Then we discovered Nibbler had passed in her sleep. And I shattered the screen of my camera phone. I needed a project to take my mind of things so I converted a Pottery Barn basket into a cat bed.
Last week we had some black mold drama in the kitchen. I ended up cutting 2 holes in the drywall to make sure the mold wasn’t inside the wall. Thankfully it wasn’t! I have since patched both holes, added 3 coats of joint compound, sanded it down, painted it, and pushed the fridge back into place. Whew! We still don’t know what caused the mold to form, hopefully it won’t come back.
Last Tuesday I posted my first progress report on the tall bookcase in the girl cave. I had gotten the bookcase body primed, and had put 1 coat of primer on the 5 shelves. Since then I’ve gotten 6 coats of red on one side of the shelves, and 3 coats on one side of the bookcase body.
For the past month our bathroom ceiling fan has been rattling. It’s a VERY annoying sound. Two years ago I installed a timer for it, and we leave it on for an hour during/after our showers. This morning I’d finally had enough!!! I got the ladder out, climbed up, and started dismantling it.
While hubby was trying to replace the water filter under the kitchen sink at lunch today something went wrong and it flooded the kitchen. I came home and helped dry everything out. When I pulled the fridge away from the wall I found a huge colony of black mold on the wall!!! I cleaned up the mold and cut holes in the drywall to make sure the mold wasn’t inside the wall.
One of the projects on my 2017 Projects List is to paint the tall bookcase in the girl cave high gloss red. This past Sunday I got one coat of BIN primer on. Today I put on the 2nd coat of primer. I decided on Benjamin Moore Exotic Red as the color, and bought a quart of high gloss on Sunday as well.
The workbench I bought last year at Home Depot was very affordable [$70] but I have been having issues lately using it for stained glass work [which is what I bought it for]. The cutting oil soaks in and makes ugly marks and when water from my glass grinder gets on it it swells up.
As most of you know, I am obsessed with stained glass circles. I’ve created > 100 in the past year, 45 just in the past 3 weeks. In September 2016 I created my first layered glass circles project, consisting of 2 frames of circles bolted together. I love the way the light plays between the layers and creates even more colors.
I met Jim in September 2011. I wanted to make him something cool for Christmas so that year I painted Darwin & Wilber for him on 8×10″ wood block. After meeting my German family & meeting their cat Carlos this past Fall, I knew I had to paint Carlos for them.
A few months ago I completed 10 Annoying Projects in 10 Days. I realized there’s sort of a never ending list of annoying projects, so from time to time you’ll see a post about them. Today’s post includes the always awful “pull the stove out & clean behind it”. YUK!!!