I am making steady progress on the chameleon mural for our bedroom wall. I have added 2 colors to the body this week and done a rough draft of the eye and mouth.
Hubby’s birthday was yesterday. For his present I’ve been planning to paint something for above the bed, to replace the faded picture that’s been up there since I moved in. It was supposed to be a surprise but I ended up telling him since there’s no way I was going to finish it by yesterday.
As I was researching basement flooding, one article said “make sure your gutters are all aimed away from your foundation – often this can be the cause of your basement flooding”. Lo and behold, when I got home from work today, I realized that the gutter directly over the leak was pointed straight at the foundation – d’oh!
When I first moved into the condo in 2012, the basement barely got wet during huge, multi-day rain storms. Now our cage starts flooding within 20 minutes of heavy rain fall. I knew the water was coming in somewhere along the wall in the far, right corner of our cage, behind all the shelving.
In my last post I mentioned that Birdie has adopted my girl cave workbench as her new spot. The other night I witnessed her attempting to jump up onto it herself and realized a cat platform would come in very handy. I ended up re purposing one of the upstairs hall cat platforms.
Alot of people ask me “where do you get your energy!?!” The short answer is: I have no idea. The purpose of this post is to prove I do not always have endless energy. For the past 5 weeks I’ve done NOTHING. Except take a TON of new pet pictures 🙂
Since last posting, I’ve been very busy! But not with projects. Over the past 3 weeks I spent a long weekend visiting my brother and his family in Arlington, Virginia, I attended my first bar mitzvah, I celebrated my 5th wedding anniversary, my laptop died, my Instagram was disabled, and Bonkers was diagnosed with chronic kidney failure. At least the gardens are growing!
Earlier this month I ripped the chicken wire off the catio and re-stained it. I also built a sleeping box for the bottom level. Next up was attaching the welded wire I bought from Amazon. The welded wire was so much easier to use than the chicken wire! It lay flat when I rolled it out, it didn’t have stabby edges that cut me or got snagged on my clothes, and it’s welded in 1″ sections which made measuring a breeze.
Over the past 2 days, if you’ve noticed any wonkiness with my site, it’s because I was updating it to “Managed Wordpress”. It all started on Thursday when my theme released a new update which broke my site. I was getting a PHP error, which I asked my theme’s author about. Turns out my PHP was very outdated & updating to the new version wasn’t as easy as I’d imagined… shocker.
Last February I stained & waterproofed the top of my girl cave workbench. I only did the top because I didn’t think it would matter if I left the rest natural wood, and I needed the top waterproofed stat, since my stained glassing was leaving ugly waters spots on the MDF. But after living with it for a few months I decided the rest really needed to be stained.