I finished my stained glass spider web today. Abbie gave me an awesome lesson in soldering. And when I got home I painted on the magical liquid that turns the solder from silver to black. Woohoo! Now I can cross that off my list of 2015 projects. 9 done, 3 to go 🙂
I woke up this morning at 7:00 with a pounding headache [could have been from the 3 Mike’s Hard Lemonade’s I had last night, but I’m thinking it was more the changing weather]. Hubby brought me some aspirin and about an hour later I leaped out of bed and announced “I’m creating art today!” and hubby was like “um… OK?”
After work today I added some Emerald green, and by doing so, 2 of the 4 paintings are done! At least with Phase 1. To clarify, Phase 1 = getting each shape filled in with paint. Phase 2 = outlining some of the shapes. After adding the Emerald green, I moved on to Phase 2. First I lay my plastic circle template [the same one I used to draw the circles on my blank canvases] over the circles I wanted to outline.
HOLY CRAP! The last time I worked on my circle mosaic paintings was back on January 14! I didn’t know it had been that long… I’ve been meaning to work on them almost daily, but never set aside enough time. Today I added some primary red and canary yellow highlights. I’m getting there. A few more colors and I’ll be done with phase 1.
I originally posted these shots at the end of my Driveway from Helleth post, but I decided they deserved their own post. Last week my friend Law challenged me on Facebook to a 5 day Art Challenge: post 3 works a day for 5 days. Here are 6 original photos I shot this week with my Nikon DSLR camera.
Tonight I finally had time to work on my paintings again. It took 2½ hours just to add raspberry! Part of the problem was the color wasn’t opaque enough, so I had to apply 3 coats. Another problem was I ran out of my custom mixed color halfway through and had to mix another batch, color-matched to the first batch. Never the easiest thing! The raspberry I created was a mix of “Primary Red”, “Primary Blue”, & “Titanium White”.
Added the royal blue tonight. I’m really digging how this series is turning out.
Today after work I added some purple! Things are starting to shape up!
This is a set of 4 mosaics I’m painting on 5″x5″ gesso board, using acrylic paint. I go through phases of being artistic, and when I hit a phase, I do my best to stick with it! I enjoy painting sets of 3 or 4 paintings at a time, all slightly different but sharing a common theme. You can see some of my previous sets on my Art page.
Was feeling creative tonight. Used my circle template & purple ruler to trace out 4 new mosaics on 5″x5″ gesso board. Decided to start with the “warm” colors. Will do more tomorrow 🙂