Catio Upgrade – Part 3: Welded Wire

darwin checking out the catio sleeping box

Earlier this month I ripped the chicken wire off the catio and re-stained it. I also built a sleeping box for the bottom level. Next up was attaching the welded wire I bought from Amazon. The welded wire was so much easier to use than the chicken wire! It lay flat when I rolled it out, it didn’t have stabby edges that cut me or got snagged on my clothes, and it’s welded in 1″ sections which made measuring a breeze.

Continue reading

If You Noticed Any Wonkiness With My Site…

my drop-down menus are now picture thumbnails

Over the past 2 days, if you’ve noticed any wonkiness with my site, it’s because I was updating it to “Managed Wordpress”. It all started on Thursday when my theme released a new update which broke my site. I was getting a PHP error, which I asked my theme’s author about. Turns out my PHP was very outdated & updating to the new version wasn’t as easy as I’d imagined… shocker.

Continue reading

I Stained the Rest of my Workbench

the workbench looks great now that it's completely stained

Last February I stained & waterproofed the top of my girl cave workbench. I only did the top because I didn’t think it would matter if I left the rest natural wood, and I needed the top waterproofed stat, since my stained glassing was leaving ugly waters spots on the MDF. But after living with it for a few months I decided the rest really needed to be stained.

Continue reading