Poor Franc. He’s had a rough time of it lately. On the 10th his face was visibly swollen. By the morning of Saturday the 11th I was in full freak out mode. But thankfully after 11 days of antibiotics he’s doing so much better! But he lost part of his cheek/lip to an infection/abscess 🙁
This weekend I finished building the boxes which will frame each of our 3 in-wall AC units. Today after work I hung them up, mostly to make sure they fit [!!!] but also to see how they look. I love them! They look so good and the doors aren’t even on yet.
I HATE when I make rookie mistakes. I’m guessing we all do. For the past month I’ve secretly been working behind-the-scenes cutting wood & getting ready to build the 3 wooden box covers for our in-wall AC units.
As of March 6, last time I posted about the bookcase, I’d gotten one side of the shelves done [which took 6 coats of paint], and had started on the bookcase body. A week later the shelves are done [6 coats on each side] but I’m still plodding away on the body.
Today was a very bad day. We woke up to our poor rat Franc’s face swollen to the point of disfigurement. Then we discovered Nibbler had passed in her sleep. And I shattered the screen of my camera phone. I needed a project to take my mind of things so I converted a Pottery Barn basket into a cat bed.
Last week we had some black mold drama in the kitchen. I ended up cutting 2 holes in the drywall to make sure the mold wasn’t inside the wall. Thankfully it wasn’t! I have since patched both holes, added 3 coats of joint compound, sanded it down, painted it, and pushed the fridge back into place. Whew! We still don’t know what caused the mold to form, hopefully it won’t come back.
Last Tuesday I posted my first progress report on the tall bookcase in the girl cave. I had gotten the bookcase body primed, and had put 1 coat of primer on the 5 shelves. Since then I’ve gotten 6 coats of red on one side of the shelves, and 3 coats on one side of the bookcase body.
For the past month our bathroom ceiling fan has been rattling. It’s a VERY annoying sound. Two years ago I installed a timer for it, and we leave it on for an hour during/after our showers. This morning I’d finally had enough!!! I got the ladder out, climbed up, and started dismantling it.
While hubby was trying to replace the water filter under the kitchen sink at lunch today something went wrong and it flooded the kitchen. I came home and helped dry everything out. When I pulled the fridge away from the wall I found a huge colony of black mold on the wall!!! I cleaned up the mold and cut holes in the drywall to make sure the mold wasn’t inside the wall.