9 days ago I found a stack of spare tiles in the basement, belonging to our condo. I grabbed one and used it to replace the cracked tile in the master bathroom. I used a grout-removal tool to scrape the old grout out, a cold chisel and ball peen hammer to chip the remaining mortar chunks out, and Tile Replacement Mortar to frost the new tile and pop it into place:
5 days ago I used a grout float to spread some pre-mixed sanded grout around the replacement tile. Once I sponged off the excess it looked as good as new:
The grout I used is PolyBlend “Simple Grout” in Delorean Gray:
I think it looks wonderful and blends very well with the existing grout in the bathroom. “BEFORE” on left, “AFTER” on right:
Next up will be tiling the front hall. Last week I smashed the remaining tile out, and over the weekend I spent a few hours chipping away the remaining thin-set mortar so I have a clean slate to work with:
I was hoping to get the Schluter Ditra membrane laid down this weekend, too, but my brother was in town! Yay!
I’ll end this post with a pic of the beautiful flowers my hubby brought me on Friday:
He’s awesome 🙂