Two weekends ago I found a stack of spare tiles in the basement, belonging to our condo. I grabbed one and used it to replace the cracked tile in the master bathroom. I used a grout-removal tool to scrape the old grout out, a cold chisel and ball peen hammer to chip the remaining mortar chunks out, and Tile Replacement Mortar to frost the new tile and pop it into place.
At the beginning of April [that seems so long ago!] I started my front hall entranceway overhaul. It involved ripping out the hideous carpet from the closet and painting the walls and closet. Now that the catio is done, I finally have time to work on the next phase, which is tiling the floor!
For the past few months I’ve been convinced that I was coming up on my 3rd Blogiversary. Like seriously. But no, it’s only my 2nd! *mind blown*. Over the past 12 months I’ve accomplished so much! I dabbled quite a bit with electricity [and only electrocuted myself ONCE], I’ve acquired some invaluable tools & items, I built an awesome catio, and I’ve learned a bunch of valuable “behind the scenes” stuff to make my blog better.
Jeez! You’d think that after finally finishing a 2 month project [the catio] last week, and spending 10 hours this past weekend cleaning out the basement that I’d be done for a while. But today after work I came home and immediately set about tearing up the broken tile in the upstairs bathroom and replacing it with a new one! And then did some quality tile smashing in the front entrance hall.
I spent 10 hours this weekend in the basement. I tidied up the common areas [shared by the 3 condos in our house], cleaned our cage, and claimed ownership of a “no man’s land” storage area that was previously buried under junk. So much junk! It was exhausting. I am still sore. But it was so worth it! Hubby was out of state visiting a friend Saturday and Sunday morning, so I got to organizing! I always do my best work when he’s out of town *nods*.
I started work on the catio on 6/17/15 and finished on 8/20/15. This slideshow reduces 2 months of work down to 8 minutes. Which I realize is kind of long… there is a fast-forward arrow you can use to speed it up! The slideshow should start automatically. If you only see a grey box, click the box to start the slideshow. There are captions under each photo.
If you can believe it [I couldn’t!!!] the cost of materials for the cat enclosure came to $989. The biggest expenses were the wood [$300], the cat door [$100], the cushions [$100], and the metal braces/connectors [$140]. But still – OMFG!!! If I had to do it over I could probably swing it for $750-$800. But it would be really hard to create this beast for less than that!
OMG!!! I can’t honestly believe it’s done. It’s consumed so much of my time and thoughts for the past 2 months. But it’s actually DONE!
This was by far my most favorite project I’ve done yet! It was amazing to go from conception to completion in 3 months. I designed and built it all by myself, it’s the first thing I’ve ever built. It’s 6’x6’x3′ and the frame is made of 2×4’s. You can learn more about it by searching for “CATIO” on my blog.
This post is to document some big milestones as of late. It’s almost my 2nd Blogiversary [I TOTALLY thought it was my 3rd!]. I can actually buy wood at a hardware store without major anxiety. We’ve had Birdie for a year now and she’s made incredible progress. She also showed Bonkers who’s boss a couple weeks ago and now he actually avoids her! AND this is my 200th post with pictures – woohoo!