I woke up this morning at 7:00 with a pounding headache [could have been from the 3 Mike’s Hard Lemonade’s I had last night, but I’m thinking it was more the changing weather]. Hubby brought me some aspirin and about an hour later I leaped out of bed and announced “I’m creating art today!” and hubby was like “um… OK?”
My website STILL doesn’t work from home. Although, at the moment, I can access it from Firefox, but not from Chrome. Tell me that makes sense… [usually I can’t access it from either]. I’ve been doing a lot of research lately about site optimization. Hence all my craziness regarding Alt Text. Which has helped! I’m starting to get more random traffic. And today I found a site that tests the load speed of your website & suggests ways to improve it – sweet!
For the past week and a half, I haven’t been able to access my website from home. It’s SO FRUSTRATING. I can access every other website, but not ninedarkmoons.com. WTF??? Verizon can’t help. GoDaddy says nothing is wrong on their end. Google can’t help. *slams head on desk*
Friday after work I began working on the door for the cat enclosure. I took measurements, then cut 4 of the 6′ 1×4’s I’d bought a few weeks ago into two 69½” pieces & three 36″ pieces, using my new WorkMate table and a handsaw. Then took them to the back yard and stained them.
I have been doing some tidying up behind-the-scenes here at ninedarkmoons.com. I have broken the RIVER page into 3 sections and cleaned up the PROJECTS pages. I hung out with Abbie & her adorable babies. I crossed the 2k mark on my motorcycle odometer. The garden is blooming beautifully! I c**k-blocked Bonkers. I set up my new WorkMate table. I began work on the catio DOOR! AND we got our permit for replacement windows!!!
Back in early June I posted about the many benefits to filling in the ALT TEXT field of Wordpress photo/media files. However, I have learned a LOT since then. Like how ALT TEXT should be a sentence, in plain English, describing each photo. NOT a jumble of keywords, or Google thinks you’re spam… So I’ve been updating them. All 2,700 of them! In doing so, I’ve made it to page 7 of Google’s Image Search for “Outdoor Cat Enclosure/Catio”! I’m on the map!
This afternoon I finally attached the ramps I finished building last Thursday. It required that I climb into the enclosure to get the appropriate leverage necessary to secure the interior shelf! I also worked on cutting, staining, and attaching the slats to cover the chicken wire staples on front of the enclosure.
Poor Bonkers. So rickety, so muppet-y, so topple-y! The poor guy has loose joints, especially in his hips, so he can’t really jump very high or far. I’ve been carrying him out to the enclosure and letting him walk and sit on the top shelf, but he’s too rickety to jump down to the middle shelf, even though he REALLY wants to.
So last week I installed the roof on the cat enclosure. I also began the task of stapling chicken wire to the outside of the enclosure. It was very labor intensive and the hours of stapling aggravated my carpal tunnels. All told, it took 90 square feet of chicken wire and 1,400 staples to get the majority of the enclosure chicken’d. I still need to chicken the door, but that requires I actually build the door first, which is next on the list.
The cat enclosure has a roof! And what an ordeal THAT was! Not an ordeal, really, just… well, OK, it was an ordeal. But it was all worth it because I have a roof! A beautiful crystal clear polycarbonate roof! One I can sprinkle birdseed on and watch the cats go nuts 🙂