Tonight I finally had time to work on my paintings again. It took 2½ hours just to add one color [raspberry]! Holy cow:
Part of the problem was the color wasn’t opaque enough, so I had to apply 3 coats. Another problem was I ran out of my custom mixed color halfway through and had to mix another batch, color-matched to the first batch. Never the easiest thing! The raspberry I created was a mix of “Primary Red”, “Primary Blue”, & “Titanium White”:
I have a bunch left over, so I slid the piece of glass I use to mix paint on* into a ziplock, and will use it again tomorrow night, but mixed to a darker purple. I mixed the paint with a palette knife, which I used to create a tent so the bag wouldn’t stick to the paint too much:
Here are the individual paintings:
And some close-ups:
As you can see, I’ve been sprinkling the wet paint with a fair bit of fairy dust as I go, which gives them a sparkle. I like sparkly things! I got the fairy dust in upstate New York years ago. It’s basically super-fine glitter in a cute little glass jar. It used to have a cork which disintegrated a long time ago, so I use a red marble as a top now:
As you can see in the close up, it’s got a blue tint to it. I love this stuff!
* I use the panes of glass that come in picture frames to mix paint on, and paint from. Over the years I’ve accumulated 4, all the same size [roughly 5×7″]. They work awesome for mixing colors, and they clean super easily. Just soak them in hot water for 10 minutes and the paint slides right off.