I didn’t think so. But apparently we have the driveway from Hell. After Tuesday’s storm, where we got slammed with 28″ of snow and 60mph winds [all within about 12 hours], we waited for our normal plow guy to come. And waited. And waited. Jim finally called him Wednesday afternoon and was like “dude, where art thoueth?” [he didn’t really say it that way, but in my head he did] and the plow dude was like “I shall arriveth to thy house by 6pm”.
I was housebound today due to Snowmageddon 2015. So I decided to tackle one of the items on my list of projects to accomplish in 2015. Specifically, getting the cats access to the alcove above our living room TV. As you saw in Part 1, I bought a new cat tree which arrived yesterday, which was almost high enough.
Getting the cats access to the alcove above our living room TV is one of the items on my list of Upcoming Projects as of January 2015. My original plan was to build steps up the wall to the right of the TV. But then last week I had a brainstorm: buying a 2nd cat tree, like the one we have in the bedroom… would get them almost high enough to reach the alcove!
Another weekend gone with no DIY to show for it. Meh. But, like last weekend, I was still very productive! I don’t know why that’s important, but it is… otherwise I have “OMG I did NOTHING this weekend!” guilt, which plagues me all week. So as I sipped my tea Saturday morning, I thought about all the things I could do.
I had today off from work. Jim did not. So I spent most of the day de-cluttering and organizing the house. Part of that involved setting up the 2 black Whitmor 4-Tier Shelving Units I bought last month on Amazon. I was going to put one in the basement cage and one in the girl cave, but after setting up the first one in the basement I decided to put them both down there. They’re AWESOME!
Tonight I finally had time to work on my paintings again. It took 2½ hours just to add raspberry! Part of the problem was the color wasn’t opaque enough, so I had to apply 3 coats. Another problem was I ran out of my custom mixed color halfway through and had to mix another batch, color-matched to the first batch. Never the easiest thing! The raspberry I created was a mix of “Primary Red”, “Primary Blue”, & “Titanium White”.
You may have noticed I’ve been doing some tinkering on the blog this week. I added some helpful links to the introduction box at the top right, tidied up some visual stuff, and figured out how to create DROP-DOWN MENUS! Woohoo!
This is what happens when you come home from work on not just the coldest day of THIS year, but also of LAST year, and find that your husband [with all the best intentions!], has turned the heat down to 50°. In my experience, when it’s 7.7° degrees outside, with a -30° windchill, and you live in a drafty house, you bite the bullet and leave the heat set at around 65° so it’s at least bearable when you get home! Extra money down the drain be damned!
Added the royal blue tonight. I’m really digging how this series is turning out.
Today after work I added some purple! Things are starting to shape up!