Between August and October 2014, I replaced the 3 ceiling fans in our condo: master bedroom, girl cave [aka 2nd bedroom], and living room. It was tedious and often times extremely frustrating, but it was totally worth it and we love our fans!
When I installed the bedroom ceiling fan and the girl cave ceiling fan, I was more concerned with getting them up and wiring them correctly, and less concerned with documenting the process for my blog. But with the living room fan install, it was all about the documentation. Maybe that’s why it was the hardest, longest install!!! OMG.
Over the course of the past week I cut, primed and installed a “step” for the downstairs hall cat platforms, making the downstairs hall cat platforms officially complete. Hopefully the step will make it easier for Birdie to jump up and down off the main platforms. The chair I had there in the interim wasn’t working very well [too low & too awkward – and by the way – what’s up with that ugly cushion! I never noticed that before… that’s got to go].
So yeah, today I got to experience electrocution. And it was about what I expected. It felt like someone snapped a rubber band across my finger tips. Hubby describes it as a “painful tingling sensation” which is about right. I remember my Dad getting zapped a few times growing up. He’d always whip his hand away from the outlet with a “gah!” sound, and that was about what I did. I’ve always been curious to know what it felt like, and now I know!
Last weekend I was mostly a slug, asides from speed-walking a 5k with hubby Saturday morning. But by Sunday afternoon I’d garnered enough energy to install the girl cave ceiling fan. It took half the time as the bedroom fan install, mostly because I could easily reach it from my ladder! And I knew [mostly] what I was doing this time around.